Sunday, November 8, 2009

Better to Quit than to get Kicked..!

Few months back I left my 1st job. It was hardly just 3 months and I decided to quit that job. I still remember the day when I had got this job and the amount of happiness that was there on my face. After all it was my first job after completing my MBA and more importantly it was into the field I always wanted to get into after my MBA. Advertising always excited me and I always wanted to get into advertising morever into online advertising but then getting a job into even mainstream advertising when all the students were facing the effects of recession was a kind of gift for me.

But then few months down the lane I quit that job. I know some may feel how could I judge a company on just 3 months time and feel I should have continued a little more. But then the situation wasn't the same as it was at the time of joining the company. The person who interviewed me showed me dreams to join the company but once I joined the profile wasn't the same as it was discussed in the interview. I told my self that its ok I'll adjust myself in this profile as even then there were no jobs there in the market due to recession. Client Servicing is what excitied me to take up this job but for 3 months I was doing only telesales job. The motivation level in the company among me and my colleagues was 0.

But then even this wasn't the reason for me to leave the job. I had adjusted myself and told myself I will continue till the time I can. But then one fine day the HR fired 2 of my colleagues who had joined along with me telling them that they cant come to the office from tommorow as the company has decided to terminate them. It wasn't fair as the company expected a weeks notice if someone wanted to leave the company and then how can they just ask someone not to come from tommorow. As it is there was enough pressure earlier and this incident just builded up the pressure. The same day I decided that its time now I should say good bye to this company as I never wanted the company to tell me that I cant work in the company from tommorow rather I would walk out of the company with my own dignity.

By Gods grace I did got another job very soon and morever this time I got into Online Advertising which I always wanted to get into. It was a hard task for me to convince the MD of my current company the reason behind why I was leaving my earlier job in just 3 months time but then I did succeeded in convincing him. I have no regrets today. But as it is said that you never forget the first things that happen to you I would also never forget my first job even though it lasted just 3 months. Some may feel I took a very early decision and should had given myself a little more time, some may feel I wasn't able to take the presssure and so I quitted, some may feel that I left just because my other friends also decided to quit. Whatever others may feel I still dont regret my decision and feel that It was better to QUIT then to get KICKED...!

1 comment:

  1. Well mate, u r absolutely right on this...I did the same...and trust me, u have seen less bad things in ur previous job than I did...But all's well that ends well...so now i m happy about my current job!!!

    ReplyDelete