Saturday, December 5, 2009

HEART is WISER than INTELLECT..!

"The heart is wiser than the intellect". As I read on this quote I thought is it really so. What do we really follow when we have to make any major decision in life. HEART or MIND...?

When I was growing up I always liked singing but then I never even thought of making career in singing and instead choose a career in IT by taking up Information Technology and later did MBA Marketing in order to make money and make status.

As a kid you are always told by your parents that the society respects the one who has a well paid job and so you are always forced to take that practical approach and choose a career where you see yourself having a good job and earning good money. But now I am not a kid. I am mature enough to understand what my heart really wants. Is a good 9 - 6 job and money everything in life or is living doing what I want to do is everything.

After my MBA, I wanted to be an entrepreneur by starting my own company but today I am working for someone, as the more practical approach in life says that its too early for me to even think of starting a business as there is lots of risk involved in starting own business. So I should gain knowledge and experience right now and make good enough money to start my own later. But the Idea which I have today may be someone else would use it in coming years and may succeed with that business idea and then I would regret that why I didn't followed my heart and feel It was worth taking the risk few years back.

When I think about marrying someone, would I run away with the convict whom I love or would I marry the sweet girl whom my parents feel is good for me. Practical approach would be not to run away as the society won't accept you later as if I have done some sin by eloping with the one whom I always loved but to marry the one my parents selected even if deep down in my heart I know that I dont love her.

So how do we know what to follow? Stay with our intellect as most people do and take the practical approach or follow our heart and take the so called emotional approach? Deep down in our heart we always know which approach we want to take between the intellect or the heart. It is our life, we know ourself, and therefore we know what approach to take. No matter how much we may think that we are confused, if we take a long hard look at the equation, we always know it. But its not always that we take the decision which we feel is the decision we want to take as between heart and mind most of the time we tend to follow our mind than the heart and what the mind says gets heavy on the heart most of the time.

But then there is no turning back the hands of time and we cannot go back and change a single thing. All we can do is regret our decision and wonder what it would have been like if we had taken the alternate path. And that is painful!

Now I yet have to come to the end of my life to see how my decisions will turn out, but so far I think both intellect and heart have provided me with decent choices. But then I feel one should often follow his heart as I do believe that the HEART is WISER then INTELLECT but even then what you feel is not what you always do as in most cases I am still not following my Heart...!

1 comment:

  1. hey kuzbuj........i really lyk d way u hv described wt v normally follow MIND...der r many ppl who cn lectured us saying why v shld follow r heart...bt very few ppl follow it.....bt i thnk its easy 4 senty ppl to follow path of heart over mind....keep trying...which is applicable to m also...

    ReplyDelete